SPGetCurrentUser - Load time

May 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

We are using the SPGetCurrentUser functionality on a page to automatically add users to a group.  Most of the time the link that loads the page processes quite quickly.  Every once in a while we noticed that the page load took upwards of 30 seconds.   We loaded page using fiddler and found that the long load time was when loading '_layouts/userdisp.aspx?force=True'

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

May 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

You may need to post some code just to be sure. Sometimes it just depends on the server load. It may also depend on your request being synchronous or asynchronous.

Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

One other thought I didn't mention in our email exchange, Tom, is that the first call to a Web Service after a "warm up" can be quite slow. If you are recycling your app pools for some reason, you'll get that sort of thing. In the instances where you are seeing the 30 second delay, is a subsequent request much faster?

M.

May 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I have been working with our administration team as I found when taking away all the JS calls I can get the following page  '_layouts/userdisp.aspx?force=True'  to hang just like it dd when I called the SPGetCurrentUser so it looks like the problem is more environmental.  Will post follow-up when we find the root cause.

May 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Just thought I would provide an update.  We have narrowed it down to something that is being done by a 3rd party tool..  We have reproduced the lag on any web application that has this tool loaded.  Once we loaded site on web application without the tool install we have not been able to reproduce problem and all web service calls are running fast as seen on my development environment.

May 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Can you tell us which 3rd party tool is the culprit?