SpService.SpAutocomplete() doesnt work for 5000+ values & Scroll bar doesnt come with search results

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I am using spservice.spautocomplete function to provide auto suggest functionality for my sharepoint textbox.
My Source list is having 5000+ data.The functionality works & provides search results only for first 1000+ matching data. The remaining matching values are not getting fetched in search. I have googled and found that the property "CAMLRowLimit" can help to override and bring down the data regardless of the limit in list views.i have also tried using the property but its not working. As well am looking for scroll down bar to be displayed along with search results. tried with "MaxHeights" property but this doesnt help.

Any Suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Feb 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
The 5000 item limit is a list throtting setting, I believe on the farm level. Using CAMLRowLimit won't get you around that.

However, I would question why you'd ever want to bring back that many items, anyway. If you're getting over 1000 items for the first character, I'd suggest setting numChars higher.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Thanks for you reply.

I am aware about list throttling limit for the list. i have already set "numChars" value as 3. With this set up, a specific search term of mine is expected to bring me 3000 search results. Even this search result return value is within the threshold limit my search is not retriving me the results. Kindly suggest me on the same.
Feb 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
It sounds like autocomplete may not be the best UI choice. Try setting the numChars higher still.

I'd suggest using Firebug or Fiddler to look at the network traffic to see what the issue is.