SPArrangeChoices rearranges correctly but post back isn't sending values in IE9

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
SPArrangeChoices rearranges correctly but post back isn't sending values in IE

SPArrangeChoices is correctly rearranging my check box column but when I use it, SharePoint doesn't receive the results of the boxes I checked when I submit the form. Since the field is mandatory, I can never save the form. SharePoint does the post back but then complains that the field is empty and all the checkboxes I checked are blank. When I disable SPArrangeChoices the form saves correctly.

The problem only occurs in IE, not Chrome. Unfortunately my company only uses IE.

I've looked at the nodes with Chrome's and IE's developer tools but I can't see any difference in the IDs and names pre- and post-SPArrangeChoices.

IE 9.0.8112.16421
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Thanks for the report. Can you tell me more about the column you are calling SPArrangeChoices on? It's a checkbox column. How many values, what do they look like (if you can share the exact text, I can test it), is it a lookup or a choice column, etc.?

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM
The column name is COB. It is a checkbox column which allows multiple choices (of course) and has the following 13 options. It is not a Lookup, just a standard hardcoded list of choices.

Accident and Health
Marine Liability
Political Risks
Professional Lines
Mar 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Thanks. I'm going to try to replicate this and I'll get back to you...

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Yup, I can make it happen here, too. I'll let you know when I have a fix for you to try.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:31 PM
I am still needing help with this - the work item discussion is leaving me blank - i can not get the suggested code to work in 2013 - the SPArrangeChoices does not appear to trigger at all - if i use the original suggested code from the codeplex documentation it formats the choices correctly but does not save as the problem indicates. It is very frustrating to have a partial answer - can someone please post what the code would look like in a custom form in the right section. I am probably not closing off some { somewhere but something that is some great is spoilt by an assumption you know where to put some of this stuff... Thanks