SPCascadeDropdowns for document set

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Any suggestion on how to use SPCascadeDropdowns in the document set, thanks.
Aug 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Are you talking about on the Document Set form? Have you tried anything?

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Yes, I am using for other content type in the document library EditForm.aspx works great for all content type in the library except document set content types. I was planning on creating custom docsetnew.aspx for the document set (I saw your suggestion not to change docsetnew.aspx under _layout folder). Not sure what form need to change? does this feature works or not. I just want you to know I am not a developer, I am sorry if my terminology is not right.

Thanks for your help and response.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM
The Document Set home page is sort of a unique beastie. Here's an article to get you started on editing it:

You can add Web Parts like a Content Editor Web Part (CEWP) to link in your code or edit the page directly in SharePoint Designer.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I did try editing the welcome page with CEWP, I was not successful in getting the results. It looks welcome page is just display page after we enter the metadata on the docsetnew.aspx.

But I will re-visit going back to welcome page and let you know the outcome. Thanks for your time.