Hello World!!

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Hi guys,

I've been traversing a path of learning regarding SharePoint via Youtube and Blogs. Some concepts and exercises, I can replicate on my end, while, some are just Witchcraft and Sorcery to me. Little by little the reality that money doesn't grow on trees becomes apparent as I encounter errors and restriction problems, one after the other. But then again the path to greatness is a long and arduous one.

May we encounter each other in this path with a mind set of "A Person helping another Person" rather than "The Wise imparting wisdom to the Blind"

*On a side note drafting this message during office hours may have been unproducting.

First of my Agenda, In a scale of 1 to 10 would I, a Site Collection Admin equipped with SharePoint Designer 2007 and 2013, be able to replicate and apply majority of the solutions and concepts here? Assuming I have a vague recollection of programming lessons, I had in school.

second, How active are the people here?

Third, Does it bother you that my second Agenda starts with a lower case "s" and that it lacks in length and information when compared to the first one.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Welcome to the world of the black arts, Francisism. The road to enlightenment can be a long one.

One of the greatest things about using SPServices and the approaches discussed here is that you can do it all with SharePoint Designer. That's a huge part of the point: nothing deployed to the server. This is where I've been working with SharePoint and now it's where Microsoft wants us all to go.

These discussions are for SPServices, but there are other great forums for other SharePoint-related topics. Get to know the SharePoint community, and you have the key to enlightenment.

M.