Push InfoPath attachments into Document Library

Sep 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I need to find a way to isolate, decode, and copy attachment (base64 encoded) files from an InfoPath XML into a document library.

I have had some success following this thread: http://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/34473

But now I am stuck. I need to decode the output and move the attachment(s) to a document library. Ideally, I would use the Infopath form title as the title of a subdirectory to send the attachments to.

I am really new to jQuery, so any suggestions are appreciated.
Sep 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM
If no luck with SPservices, take a look at qRules from Qdabra. It allows you to inject code using rules into Infopath forms, and one of its functions is to detach attachments into a library and replace the attachment with a link in the InfoPath form.

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately we are not legally allowed to modify the InfoPath form itself.

I discovered that infopath data is itself base64 encoded. I have managed to decode the .xml file so that I can read the nodes. I am now trying to isolate the attachment node, decode it, and copy it to a seperate doc library.
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM
And.... You forgot a step.
Once you figure it out, you'll post back here the solution so that anyone else that has this need, they can benefit from your hard work, right?

Paul T