Multilingual site and SPCascadeDropdowns SP2013

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Hi,
I am trying to set my script on new or edit form for Spanish language.
When I set my user on English language, this script works fine, but doesn't work when I set my user on spanish.
To perform a test, I've translated only "TicketService" and "TicketModule" fields and changed on the script "parentcolumn" and "childcolumn".
I have also tried change "parentcolumn" and "childcolumn" with field name on file translate, but anyway is not working.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../SiteAssets/JQuery/jquery-2.0.3.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../SiteAssets/JQuery/jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "{044CA048-6F8F-4E45-9DA5-84E35E1E31A1}", relationshipListParentColumn: "ModuleAssociatedService", relationshipListChildColumn: "ModuleTitle", parentColumn: "TicketService", childColumn: "TicketModule", debug: true }); }); </script> .

I appreciate your help!
Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I'm not sure if the language difference is the issue or not. Can you tell me a bit more about your columns? How many options, whether they allow multi-select, etc.?

You should probably stick with the v1.x branch of jQuery, as the v2.x version drops support for older versions of IE. Also, I'd recommend the latest version of SPServices, 2013.01.

M.