Multilingual site and SPCascadeDropdowns SP2013

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I am trying to set my script on new or edit form for Spanish language.
When I set my user on English language, this script works fine, but doesn't work when I set my user on spanish.
To perform a test, I've translated only "TicketService" and "TicketModule" fields and changed on the script "parentcolumn" and "childcolumn".
I have also tried change "parentcolumn" and "childcolumn" with field name on file translate, but anyway is not working.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../SiteAssets/JQuery/jquery-2.0.3.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../../SiteAssets/JQuery/jquery.SPServices-0.7.2.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { $().SPServices.SPCascadeDropdowns({ relationshipList: "{044CA048-6F8F-4E45-9DA5-84E35E1E31A1}", relationshipListParentColumn: "ModuleAssociatedService", relationshipListChildColumn: "ModuleTitle", parentColumn: "TicketService", childColumn: "TicketModule", debug: true }); }); </script> .

I appreciate your help!
Oct 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I'm not sure if the language difference is the issue or not. Can you tell me a bit more about your columns? How many options, whether they allow multi-select, etc.?

You should probably stick with the v1.x branch of jQuery, as the v2.x version drops support for older versions of IE. Also, I'd recommend the latest version of SPServices, 2013.01.