Placing JavaScript coding in a SEWP for a Calendar

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I'm trying to attempt a simple 2 dropdown cascade to populate a task list based on a selected position. I have a list created for positions, and a list created for tasks (with a lookup to the position list to associate the task to position). I then created a calendar in MOSS 2007 (several divisions in my company are attempting to conduct a time study and wanted to track employee tasks in a giant calendar, but that's another story) and set the position drop down as a look up to the title field in the position list, and the Task field as a lookup to the title field in the Task list.

I don't have access to the master page files to insert the coding through SharePoint Designer, so I'm restricted to implementing with a CEWP. I can get the code in, using alerts I can verify the libraries are being called, but the cascade doesn't work. It simply displays everything regardless of the selected position.

I scoured the documentation and discussions, but I wasn't able to find something specific to this with enough detail to get me through.

Appreciate and guidance provided.

Thanks,

Guy
Oct 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Guy,
Just want to confirm: you are trying this from the calendar's EDIT form, correct?

Lets start by pasting your SPServices code here that attempts to setup the cascade. I'm assuming you are trying to use Marc's SPCascadingDropdown utility. It would be good if you also pasted the code you used to check the js references (the alerts you mentioned).

Paul.

(Also: this picture has always helped me set up the cascade utility: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3ucT7ICEAEP-Bl.jpg#twimg)

--

_________
Paul T

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Wow, it's amazing how you can try something (edit the NewForm and EditForm pages) get an error and assume you don't have rights, then you post on a forum for help and someone asks you to do the thing you said you couldn't do, so you try it again (only this time instead of double clicking the file you right click and edit as text in SharePoint Designer) and find out you CAN edit those pages...

So, yeah, it works flawlessly now.

Move along, nothing to see. Don't mind the newb :)

Thanks Paul, the graphic you shared helped to cement the concept of structure in my mind, and reassure me I had that at least right.
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM
LOL.
It happens to us all. Glad you figured it out.

--

_________
Paul T