This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SPScriptAudit - no results returned

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Was keen to take .SPScriptAudit for a test drive, so have created a new page on my site (SP Online (v and added the following into a Script Editor Web Part...

Am using SP Services 2014.01
<!DOCTYPE html>
<title> Script Audit </title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/common/current/jquery_current.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../js/common/current/jquery.SPServices_current.js"></script>

    webURL: "",
    listName: "",
    outputId: "auditres",
    auditForms: true,
    auditViews: true,
    auditPages: true,
    auditPagesListName: "",
    showHiddenLists: false,
    showNoScript: false,
    showSrc: true


<div id="auditres">Results here:</div>


I'm not getting any results returned. I don't now how commonly this function is used, but is there anything up with my script, or could it be a SP Online thing?

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
To be honest, I haven't looked at this function in a long time. I didn't think anyone was using it.

Are you getting any errors at all? Anything that might help to debug?

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Call it bad config management/source control on my part, but given that I am using Script Editor and Content Editor web parts on various pages I figured this would be a useful tool to confirm what was deployed where! Other users must have far better controls in place that I do if they cannot see a use for this function!

I was going to attach a couple of screenshots of the Firebug and Chrome consoles (but seem unable to add attachments), which both essentially show:
  • a 404 error reporting a missing 'NewForm.aspx' page in a document library I used for storing .css files,
  • an undefined variable 'aP' in SPServices, which I am hoping might be the culprit. This, I'm feeling is manifesting itself as a "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined' error displayed in the Chrome console.
Is this too high level to get going with?

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I'm trying to use this tool to identify all my modified forms so I can fix the dreaded 'required field title change' issue that I got after installing sp101 SP2.
I'm getting those 404s on all my document libraries as well. I think that's because document libraries don't have a newform .aspx.

I put this code in the contentplaceholdermain and it worked for me:

<script type="text/javascript" src="\Javascripts/utilities/JQuery/jquery-1.9.0.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="\Javascripts\Utilities\SPServices\jquery.SPServices-2013.01.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"> debugger; _spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames.push("doAudit"); function doAudit(){ $().SPServices.SPScriptAudit({ webURL: "", outputId: "SPScriptAudit", showHiddenLists: true, showNoScript: false, showSrc: true }); } </script> <div id="SPScriptAudit"></div>