GetListItems - parent/child view - formatting results

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I am using SPServices in Sharepoint 2013 to get some results from cutom list named "navigator" presented here:

and for this purpose I am using code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    $().SPServices({
        operation: "GetListItems",
        async: true,
        listName: "navigator",
        CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Title' /><FieldRef Name='URL' /><FieldRef Name='DisplayOrder' /><FieldRef Name='Target' /><FieldRef Name='Category' /></ViewFields>",
        CAMLQuery: "<Query><OrderBy><FieldRef Name='DisplayOrder' Ascending='true' /></OrderBy></Query>",
        completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
            $(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function() {
                var title = ($(this).attr("ows_Title"));
                var href = ($(this).attr("ows_URL")).split(",")[0];
                var target = ($(this).attr("ows_Target"));
                var liHtml = "<li><a href='"+ href +"' target='"+ target +"'>" + title + "</a></li>";
                $("#navigator").append(liHtml);
            });
        }
    });
});
            </script>
            <ul id="navigator" />
I get list of all items like this:

But I would like to achieve something like this:

Is it possible to use "Category" as parent for this elements? Number of elements will be greater than 1 for example 10 in each category.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM
This is something you can do with your own markup and CSS. Right now you're just putting the items into an unordered list, as I show in many of the examples. You need to figure out what markup you want in the end, load the data into an appropriate JavaScript object, and populate the markup.

M.