Lookup List Results

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM

So I have a client that I've integrated SPServices and the cascading lookup functionality into. I have 3 lists to get the desired end state. The problem I'm having is for the most part, it's working perfectly except for a couple of options when selected. I'll select an option in the first dropdown and it populates the second. I select an option from the second dropdown and it populates the third. The problem lies in the third dropdown and the info it displays. It shows the 2 it should be showing, but it also lists a bunch more values that it shouldn't. I can go into the lookup list directly in datasheet view and filter them down which will show the correct options, it's simply not working in the form. The other thing is it only does this in 2 selections from what I can see so far, others are fine.

Any ideas or has anyone ran into this before?

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Usually with an issue like this, it's something about how the data is set up in the relationshipLists. I'd suggest you check the data for those items where you are seeing the problem.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for the response. I've narrowed the problem down, I just can't figure out the resolution. In the middle list in the process, the problem only happens for my category "General".

List 1 - First list in cascade
List 2 - Second list in cascade (This list has an option "General" that is used multiple times in List 1)
List 3 - Third list in cascade (I select an option for list 1, then a selection in list 2, and finally the list 3 option)

So in the above, the linkage is correct, but it's simply showing ALL "General" options versus ones it should show. I've gone into each list and referenced the correct version of "General" and they correlate correctly, I just don't want it showing all "General" choices.

I'm pretty sure my lists are correctly linked, but the form is showing all results under "General". Would this be a place CAML would come into play? I'm not using that in my current script.
Oct 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM
If you have duplicates in the text, you should set matchOnId: true. However, consider how this will work for users. If there are multiple options with the text "General", they won't know which one to choose.

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM

First off, you are awesome! I added it to the script and it works flawlessly now. I had already linked the "General" options to the correct values so the user doesn't have to see it or worry about it.

Thanks again, your script saves a ton of time and works great!