GetListItems returns soap:ServerException of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown. List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. 0x82000006

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Follow-up on my earlier comment in another thread.

GetListItems fails for browsers Chrome and IE10+ but not for IE8 and IE9 where the same script works just fine. (SharePoint 2010 - ribbon button)

The problem appears to be NOTHING to do with Marc's grand library, but the iterator in the callback function of GetListItems, typically something like:
completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
 $(xData.responseXML).find("z\\:row").each(function () {
 value = $(this).attr('ows_myField')
 });
The problem is the jQuery XPath filter find("z\\:row") which is OK in older browsers but not newer ones.

if the filter is re-written as find("z\\:row, row") then the problem goes away. I.e.:
completefunc: function (xData, Status) {
 $(xData.responseXML).find("z\\:row, row").each(function () {
 value = $(this).attr('ows_myField')
});
If anyone can enlighten me why the old filter doesn't work any more, I'd be interested to hear.

Tested using SPServices-2014.01.min.js and jquery-1.10.1.min.js using IE8, IE9 and Chrome38 (so far so good)

See http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/10377
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM
The solution is not to use .find("z\:row, row") because it isn't cross-browser compatible. Instead, use the SPFilterNode function.

M.
Marked as answer by T0mplex on 11/4/2014 at 10:31 AM
Nov 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM
OK thanks Marc, I'll give it a shot