support with the JQuery Datatables

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM
does SPServices support the use or JQuery DataTables, such as the grouping within the table?

http://jquery-datatables-row-grouping.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/letters.html

I'm trying this with my data coming from the SP Services call and no luck, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using the grouping option in the datatables with SPServices
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM
SPServices doesn't need to know anything about what you end up doing with the data. You can transform it for use with any plugins you want.

I know for a fact that people use datatables in conjunction with SPServices as the data layer.

M.
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM
OK, I'm able to get the datatables working, its the grouping param is being called, I was seeing if someone was using the group param of the with spsevices
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM
It really doesn't have anything to do with SPServices at that point. You're working with datatables settings. Disclaimer: I haven't used datatables myself.

M.
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM
me either, but one thing I'm running into is that the dt works just showing as a regular table, but when you start calling features, (grouping), it fails, though I can take the raw data and get it working.

if i get it working, I'll post it back