creating pages of list data

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Please pardon my ignorance, but is there a simple way to make the lists of SharePoint 2007 into pages of data to leaf through with next and previous tabs, after using SPServices to filter? I know that SharePoint already has this capability for data that you filter through its text filter, I also think there is a module out there called instantListFilter that can do it on the displayed list.

I'm wanting to do this: I have a list, in SharePoint 2007, with three columns that I would like to filter on. I would like it to filter as the text is entered, like instantListFilter does. I think this can be done by having an .onchange function to execute the SPServices query each time a text field changes. That doesn't seem too hard, but the one little problem I'm thinking is that, if we limit the amount of data displayed to say 25 and there are a little more than 75 count of records returned, we would have four pages to leaf through. I want to be able to go to the next and back to the previous of the items in the record set.

I saw something about ListItemCollectionPositionNext, but it doesn’t seem to allow for going backwards too. I’ll admit, I’m not an SQL pro, and easily not a CAML pro, so maybe there is a way to sort through the data, but I am curious if there is an easier way. Is there?
Nov 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM
It all depends on how much data you have to start with. If you only have a few hundred items. I'd suggest you download them all and do the paging entirely client side.