Where to locate the jquery.SPServices library

Dec 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I had used jquery before, but not in Sharepoint.

I have received a Site for a new development, but i am just the Owner so i have not admins rights.

I can edit html, but the page have place-holders and other code that i dont know if can be removed.

Where may i add the <scripts> to reference jquery and jquery.SPServices-2014.01 libraries ?

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Take a look at the first page of the documentation. It gives you options for this.

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM
M, thanks for u time,

I create a library in Shared Documents, a folder then add those 2 files jquery-1.11.1.min.js and jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js

open the page with Notepad++ and following your suggestions then add this ..

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { alert("jQuery"); }); </script> after this line

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server">

The alert was triggered.
Dec 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Did you suggest this place to keep those files ?
Could you suggest me some UI to edit sharepoint pages? because SP Designer look a little tied

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM
'SPServices' is null or not an object

As i told i just recieve a Test Environment

I start debuggin and discover that the page load jQuery from previous reference,
<script type="text/javascript" src="/_layouts/Company.SP.COLLAB.Master/jquery-1.8.3.min.js"></script>

my libraries are not founded, thats why SPService is not referenced, then make a change to:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../Shared Documents/Scripts/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="../Shared Documents/Scripts/jquery.SPServices-2014.01.min.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { var SPuserName = $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser({ fieldName: "Name" }); alert(SPuserName); }); </script> then recieve this,

'f.browser.msie' is null or not an object jquery.qtip-1.0.0-rc3.min.js, line 15 character 33280
Dec 10, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Odds are your src references aren't correct.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Judging from that error, the q-tip library isn't compatible with the version of jQuery that you are using.

jQuery.browser.msie was removed in 1.9.

After you fix that issue up, Marc is spot on with references not being right. That happens all the time b/c it's so easy to do.