SPCascadeDropdowns edit behavior

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I have the SPCascadeDropdowns set on my office 365 site, and it works most of the time, especially when creating records,

however if i choose to go back and edit the record - the value from the related list is being displayed as 'none' - the value in the parent field is still correct , and if i cancel the edit the value in the related column remains correct - so it's just the display on edit - do you have to do anything to make it persist? until you change it?

on new i set country = UK , city = London
on edit i see country = UK , city = none (the choices are correctly filtered) but should it not show London until I select something else?

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2015 at 8:43 PM
I think they may be a bug in the library,

if the selected value is the last value in the list - on edit it shows as expected
however if the set value is not - when you edit the item, the displayed value is initially shown, but gets replaced with (none)

unless you are supposed to have code in the form that stops that happening ?

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:05 PM
You've lost me here. Most likely your relationshipList data isn't structured correctly, because this function has been bullet proof for years now.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM
yes, I think i'm attempting something which is not supported...

if you have a list of contacts
and a list of customers
and a list of orders

if you have many contacts linked to many customers, using another list of say customersalescontacts

when you open an order for "customer A" - show customersalescontacts which are allowed for that customer is where it breaks on the edit

to avoid creating duplicate contacts or customers I was trying to use a list with the relationship - which could be modified active. inactive etc

any ideas on that ?