relationship between two list

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM
I want to filter one column multichoice bound to a list in terms of an other column but simple choice bound to a list too. I know it's possible to filter two columns (bound to list) simplechoice and i did it.

I found this page : and I try to understand code wroten by Toadmyster but I'm beginner in javascript and I've some difficulty to use it.

I'm not sure if I'm on the good way with this code.
Could you light my way?
Mar 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM
I'm assuming you mean the SPCascadeDropdowns function?

The post you found above is from 2009, which is ancient. The SPCascadeDropdowns function as it currently stands ought to work with all types of "dropdowns":
  • Simple (<20 items)
  • Complex (20+ items)
  • Multi-select
Can you explain more about what you are trying to do?

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:48 PM
Yes I used SPCascadeDropdowns :

to filter one column <20 items in terms of an other column <20items.

But now I want to filter one column multi-select in terms of one column <20items.

In my document Library I have 3 column filtered (all <20items):

column 1 simplechoice filters -> column 2 simplechoice filter -> column 3 multichoice.
Mar 9, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Like I said, the function should handle any mix of dropdown types. You shouldn't need to do anything different for the different types of columns. Just do another call to SPCascadeDropdowns.

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Ok, so maybe I did a mistake in my parameter, I give you my code:

$(document).ready(function() {
    //link between column 1 and 2

//link between column 2 and 3

The first call work but second call don't work.
Mar 9, 2015 at 4:43 PM
Effectivly I made a mistake, now the link between all lists works thanks for your informations. But items aren't filtered. An idea?
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:32 PM
It's hard to say without seeing your relationshipList data. I'd suggest rereading the documentation for the SPCascadeDropdowns function to make sure your data is structured correctly.

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:16 AM
Each times SPCascadeDropdowns function link my lists i've got this message : Unable to get the "push" property of a null reference or undefined

Sometimes SPCascadeDropdowns function work well in spite of message Unable to get the "push" property of a null reference or undefined.

And sometimes I can't see child list's items in the form.

Do you have an idea about this issue?
Mar 12, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I'm guessing your site is running in either fr-fr or fr-ca? It may be that is what is causing the problem. Can you post the markup for the multi-select column?

On the other hand, if it works sometimes, then it's likely something else.

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM
What did you mean by "markup for the multi-select colum",?
I don't know if I said that I use this function in a document Library, it is possible?
Mar 13, 2015 at 1:23 PM
Using it with a Document Library should work fine.

What I mean for the markup is the page source (HTML) for the part of the page that renders the multi-select column.

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Thanks you for your advices Marc my problem is solve. Infact my lists was create draftly, it's important in SharePoint to clean the sites collecion. SPCascadedropdown is a very good function !