Sharepoint - SPServices - Getting the row's ID dynamically

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:00 AM
I am implementing the SPServices library on my Sharepoint 2007 site. I created a button which updates a field in my list item and its working great. The problem is that SPServices only seems to allow hard coded IDs.

Ive been trying to figure out how to get the ID dynamically from the table row. Looking at the HTML code itself it doesn't seem to be possible. I found this article online which seems to be referring to a similar problem I have. https://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/284221

I tried adding the following button but in Sharepoint Designer 2007 it throws me an error.

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" id="LinkButton1{$ID}{generate-id()}" onclientclick="UpdateStatus({$ID})">Reject</asp:LinkButton>

Error:

"Failed setting processor stylesheet: 0x800004005: A reference to variable or parameter 'ID' cannot be resolved. The variable or parameter may not be defined, or it may not be in scope.

Would anyone have any idea why this is causing me errors? I would appreciate any feedback at this point.