Testscript not working in NewForm

Jul 8 at 2:05 PM
Edited Jul 8 at 4:30 PM
Hi.

The testscript from your homepage does not work, neither in the default list view page nor in the NewForm of the list. I have copied jQuery and jQuery-SPServices on my site and i think this was successfull, because CTRL-Rightclick in SP-Designer finds the files correctly.

Then I inserted the example code in my site right under the "ContentMain"-Placeholder like you suggested.
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/websites/toni/jquery/jquery-3.0.0.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="/websites/toni/jquery/jquery.SPServices-2014.02.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
  $(document).ready(function() {
    alert("jQuery");
   alert($().SPServices.SPGetCurrentSite());
  });
</script>
When I open that page nothing (additional) happens, no error, no output, nothing. Because this is my first time customizing a SharePoint page this way, I think I need further help. Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jul 9 at 9:10 PM
You're using jQuery 3.0, which has only recently been released. If you have any IE8 in your environment, you must still use 1.x.

That said, if you're not getting the alerts, then the paths to the scripts probably isn't right. You'll be able to see if this is the case in the Net tab in most developer tools. Remember that the relative path has to be correct from where the page is loading.

M.