Changing Cascaded Child Lookup Control into a standard dropdown

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Marc, thanks for this, it works great, but is there a way to change the cascading child dropdown into a standard dropdown list control? My child lookup contains over 60 items when its not cascaded, so the control is rendered as the rather bulky and annoying "invisible selection window"-type menu control that requires a double-click to select an item instead of the nice standard dropdown list. What's the best way to change this child selection control into a standard dropdown control? Thanks.

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I haven't tackled that idea, but I think it would be a good option to provide on the SPCascadeDropdowns function.  I'm going to copy this to a work item so that it's on the list of things to do in the Issue Tracker.

In the meantime, what you'd need to do is come up with a good mapping from the hybrid select to a normal select.  I don't think that it would be too bad to do.  Let me know your timeframe, and maybe I can slot it in to get it done for you instead.

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.