This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
1

Closed

async on version 2013.01

description

From: https://spservices.codeplex.com/discussions/444799

I have an issue with a function not running async when upgrading SPServices to the new version. The issue I found was at line 1220 of SPServices. In the previous version, the async value was set to the async option I provide. In the new version, it defaults to false if a completefunc exists. In my case, I have a completefunc and still need it to be true for async. Is there something I am not seeing to do this? When I delete the "thisHasCompletefun ? false : " from that line, everything works for me but rather than changing spservices on my system, I'd rather understand the intent better.
Closed Dec 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM by sympmarc
Released in 2013.02

comments

thamera wrote May 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

For now, I have made a "version 2013.01a" and modified line 1220 from:
async: thisHasCompletefunc ? false : opt.async
to:
async: opt.async
I don't recommend others do this without understanding the implications but we needed other new functionality so this works for us. If I can do anything to assist in finding a true solution long term, let me know.

sympmarc wrote Jul 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Fixed in 2013.01ALPHA2

sympmarc wrote Jul 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I meant 2013.02ALPHA2

ptavares wrote Sep 18, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Hi Marc.
I have not have a chance to look at the source for 2013.02ALPHA2, but did the fix also address the issues on the thread around caching?

Paul

sympmarc wrote Sep 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Ah, that would be the part you posted on Jul 2 at 2:53 PM? No, I didn't even look at that again. To be honest, I forgot all about it, and I haven't spent as much time on SPServices lately as I should.

I'll need to review your post again and figure out what to do with it. I've just created a new item in the Issue Tracker for it:
https://spservices.codeplex.com/workitem/10182

Also note Josh's find about caching here: https://spservices.codeplex.com/workitem/10167. It's a simpler issue, but I'll want to fix it along with what you found.

M.

ptavares wrote Sep 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Thanks Marc. And no problem.
And thanks for pointing out Josh's reported issue. I'm actually going to work on a project were I'll need to pull data from multiple sites (list names are the same), so I'll look out for that.
I'll subscribe to the other issue as well to keep up with it.